Africa as a stand alone forum

Mar 30th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Original Poster

Africa as a stand alone forum

I read this forum daily, and post occasionally. It seems to me that there is sufficient volume for both Africa and Middle East to justify splitting this forum into two. Any thoughts? How could this be accomplished?
Mar 30th, 2005, 11:45 AM

Avogadro,

I agree with you completely. There does not seem to be as much natural crossover between safaris and travel to Israel or Egypt. Unlike the Europe forum, where an interest in France is more likely accompanied by an interest in seeing Switzerland or Spain.

Separate forums would allow easier scrolling and access of information for the safari-ers and the Middle Eastern travelers.

The Africa/Middle East is the only slashed entry. We don't have North America for Canada, the US, and Mexico, and Australia is not with Asia.

I've thought about how this could be done. It would be a pain for someone to go through each of the previous posts and sort them according to Middle East and Africa. But that would assist future searches and preserve the Africa-ness and Middle Eastern-ness of the separate forums.

Otherwise from a certain date on, the split would just be made and the dual posts would be part of the history of both the Africa and the Middle East sites.

These two regions each generate enough posts to justify their own site. I think the Africa/Middle East section is having its rights denied! Ha ha

Search this Thread