advise on itinary

Reply

Feb 14th, 2006, 05:11 AM
  #1
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 108
advise on itinary

Hi, my touroperator managed to confirm the following lodgings for me. However, I am still a bit uncertain about doing the Northwest Serengeti first and then the central area of Serengeti, as the wildebeest migration moves in the opposite direction. On the other hand, there is no knowing where the beest will be at that moment, especially not with a few days difference. And I know lodge bookings are filling fast (hence the fact that my operator told me that getting lodgings at Seronera first before Ikoma would be too difficult). So, what do you guys think ? would you just go for it and hope for the best, or ask the touroperator again to try changing bookings ?

13th June 06: Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge.
14th June 06: Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge.
15th June 06: Ndutu Safari Lodge.
16th June 06: Ndutu Safari Lodge.
17th June 06: Ikoma Bush Camp.
18th June 06: Ikoma Bush Camp.
19th June 06: Lobo Wildlife Lodge.
20th June 06: Seronera Wildlife Lodge.
21st June 06: Tarangire Safari Lodge.
22nd June 06: Tarangire Safari Lodge.
21st June 06: Drop off Mto-wa-Mbu End of Services.
janischa28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Feb 14th, 2006, 06:00 AM
  #2
sandi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
At this point you may just have to take what is available.

I'm assuming you will be arriving Tanzania at Kili/Arusha and departing from Kili (JRO). So, one point - you should stop at Mto-wa-Mbu (which is at Lake Manyara) before heading to Taragire or you'd be backtracking then have to drive back to Kili.
 
Reply With Quote
Feb 14th, 2006, 07:24 AM
  #3
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 108
I'm arriving in Nairobi, taking the public bus to Arusha, and after the end of my safari, being dropped off in Arusha, I will still be spending some days on my own (still deciding what to do-either Zanzibar or West Kili). so I think backtracking will always be necessary ? or am i getting you wrong ?

I am well aware bookings are running full, but there are always still some alternatives, aren't there ? If the Lobo lodge is too far out and less interesting, I could ask the tour operator to search a more central lodge, be it a Sopa, a Serena,... Besides, a few days ago, I was still on the waiting list for the Ngorongoro lodges, but now my operator told me the rooms have been confirmed. I now need to give a final confirmation and deposit.
janischa28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Feb 14th, 2006, 02:29 PM
  #4
sandi
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
If you end in Arusha, Tarangire should be your last stop. Again, driving from the Crater to Tarangire you have to pass Mto-wa-Mbu and Lk. Manyara. Makes no sense to backtrack.

If spending a few days in W.Kili, not far from Arusha. If heading to ZNZ, flight from Arusha will get you there.
 
Reply With Quote
 



Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


FODOR'S VIDEO

All times are GMT -8. The time now is 05:29 AM.