Advice needed for 2 week trip

Mar 6th, 2003, 12:37 AM
Original Poster

Advice needed for 2 week trip

Hi,

My girlfriend and I are planning on doing a 2 week trip to Africa around August time. At this stage I do not know a whole lot about Africa as there is so much however I know that I want to see Victoria Falls and the wildlife. I am not fussed if we don't see Gorilla's however the other wildlife is a must.

I am also not keen to go to any countries that are not very safe.

We would like to do a safari where you are in a smaller 4WD with 4-5 people rather than one of those large busses.

Can anybody recommend some good tour companies that will have 2 week tours covering our requirements? We are 27 years old so would also like a tour covering people of similar age.

Is it generally better value to arrange the flight and then take a tour company based in Africa (we are UK based)?

Thanks

CP
Mar 6th, 2003, 07:09 AM

ChefsPop, guess such depends on budget and other particulars. Do a search on Tanzania and you can read what I/we had to say about trip there last June. Our group (in our van) had a couple in late 20's or maybe early 30's, a single lady (in maybe the 40's) and us (a 15 year old gal, and us two "old" folk of 54 and 51). I thought we got along quite well and actually complimented one another with different experiences and personalities. You are in an enviable position of being able to check out lots of possibilities. Check out the agendas offered by various companies. You will see much duplication with considerable differences in price. Such will also give you an idea of blend of cultural/wildlife/geography/ect from which you can decide what you want. I noted groups from other more expensive companies have the basic same package as did we but at a whole lot more money. We purchased the land package so we could arrange flight. Such was more economical and flexible for our needs. I did check the package offered by the US operator and that provided by the E Africa firm (who actually would provide the service) and saw the price was better thru the US operator. That may or may not be the exception. Enjoy the planing phase. Again, I "envy" your and your friend and wish you the best on a trip.
Dick

Search this Thread