Advice: clothing

Jul 6th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

Advice: clothing

I'm leaving for Tanzania next week to climb Kili and go on Safari, won't be crossing any borders. I've heard military style clothing doesn't go well in many African countries. I'd like to bring my gear in a green military duffle bag and also pack a desert camo bush hat. I'm looking for thoughts on this from others who've been to Tanzania.

Thanks,
Ali
Jul 6th, 2004, 12:34 PM

Wearing an ALL military may be frowned on but wearing a single item such as a hat or a Tshirt with the rest of your outfit in different colours should not present a problem.

Don't know about the duffle bag but I doubt it would present a problem either, to be honest.
Jul 7th, 2004, 06:38 PM

Yes, camoflauge clothing is reserved for military personnel in Tanzania and Kenya. HOWEVER, one hat or duffel bag will not matter. I would make sure you have at least a couple of pairs of convertible pants, both nylon and cotten for your trek. You will perspire during the day but need the warmth of full leg covering at night. Have a fantastic trek - which route? And have a wonderful land safari! Which parks?
Jul 8th, 2004, 10:54 AM
Original Poster

That's what I was thinking, but wasn't sure. Thanks for the replies

Search this Thread