Adventures Abroad Tours

Nov 5th, 1999, 07:05 AM
Linda

Adventures Abroad Tours

Has anyone had experience with a Canadian tour company called Adventures Abroad? I'm particularly interested in their South Africa tours.

Nov 5th, 1999, 06:44 PM
Gordon

Cheek out "driffters" based in South Africa. My wife and I were on a 4 week tour from the Cape to the Fall's. It was excellent and reasonably priced.
You tent and stay in lodges. The game viewing etc. was outstanding. Our guide/driver was well trained and very efficient. The vehicle we traveled in was the most comfortable we have experienced.
Contact them at- [email protected]

Nov 5th, 1999, 06:50 PM
Gordon

P.S.
We have travelled with Adventures Abroad. This is why we sent the previous message.Please excuse our spelling of "check".
Good luck !

Dec 7th, 1999, 10:48 AM
Sara

Hello Gordon,

I read your post on your experience with Drifters on the Fodor's forum and would appreciate any additional information you could provide. My husband and I are planning a trip to South Africa and Zimbabwe during mid-2000. We received the brochure from Drifters and they definitely are the most reasonably priced tour operators and have the combination of camping and lodge/hotel stay we wanted.
Now for the Bombardment of Questions

How strenuous is the camping and moving around? I'm in reasonably good shape but is it more rugged than I'm expecting.
When is the best time to go, we are thinking about June/July.
Which tour did you go on?
How did you pack for the trip?

Thanks in advance on any information you can provide.

Search this Thread