Adventure tourism at Victoria Falls

Mar 10th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Original Poster

Adventure tourism at Victoria Falls

Has anyone done any of the adventure-type activities at or near Victoria Falls (such as abseiling, gorge swinging, high wiring, bungi jumping, etc.)? I plan to take a helicopter ride over the falls, but am wondering if I should also consider any of the above activities. Is it worth the money? How is the safety record? Any comment is appreciated. Thanks!!
Jun 3rd, 2005, 02:42 PM

I did the bungi jump and it was honestly worth every penny! There was an offer on when I did it, it was only $50 instead of the usual $90, and if you bought the video for $40, you got a second free jump! That was about a year ago though, so it has probably changed since then, but i would have paid full price for it. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me and I'm so glad i didn't chicken out of it, i'll remember it forever. Do it!!!
Jun 3rd, 2005, 11:17 PM

I'm not brave enough for the bungi jump, but I saw that you want to do the helicopter over the Falls. Instead, I highly recommend the microlight flight. The 15-min. flight was $77 (Feb. 2005), or you could do a 30 min. flight (don't know the price on that). There is a wing-mounted camera and you can either bring a roll of film and pay $5, or for $10 they give you a roll of film (24 Exp.). The pilot will take pictures during your flight. You get your roll of film that you take home for development. I find it way cool to have pictures of me on the microlight with Victoria Falls in the background! (Get the photo CD so you can share your pictures with friends.)

Search this Thread