Accomodation in Mauritius and Seychelles

Jul 15th, 2003, 06:06 AM
OSC
Original Poster

Accomodation in Mauritius and Seychelles

Does any one know if there are over-water bungalows in Mauritius or Seychelles? I know these are quite common in Tahiti and Maldives, but I haven't been able to find anything similar in Mauritius or Seychelles.

Thanks for your help.
Jul 15th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Peep

I don't know of any in the Seychelles. We were there a few years ago and I'm thinking that if there are any, they aren't on the main 3 islands.

Jul 15th, 2003, 12:27 PM
sandi

Don't know about Mauritius, but there are no OTW Bungalows in The Seychelles.

Believe the OTW are located in the Tahiti and Maldives as you note... in the Maldives as the islands are only 1' above sea level (they don't have much choice) and Tahiti because they have the lagoons where this can be done.

In case of Tahiti, the OTW are now becoming an ecological problem, but doubt they'll do much about it as they are money making accommodations.

In The Seychelles there are new relatively new resorts (expensive) one on Fregate Island that's been open about 2-years; the other on North Island opened within past year. Both will cost about $1000 nt. (or more) and there may be requirement for minimum stay.

Otherwise, there is a Banyan Resort (I believe on Mahe island, or maybe on Praslin) and L'Archipel on Praslin.

The Seychelles are lovely.

Jul 19th, 2003, 06:04 PM

No, none that I know of. If you search for some cheap accommodation in Mauritius you can find plenty of bungalows up around Grande Baie that are very reasonable when compared to hotel costs. Though being from Asia I found the costs incredibly high, Mauritius was ok but the prices in the Seychelles almost made me pass out!

Search this Thread