Abu Simbel

Jun 18th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Original Poster

Abu Simbel

Can anyone help...

Do you recommend visiting Abu Simbel in a half day tour with flights / sightseeing from Aswan

or

staying overnight in Abu Simbel and also viewing the Sound and Light show - it it worth an overnight stay ????

Also, does anyone recommend any hotels in Abu Simbel, we want a room that's at least 3.5*, clean and comfy ????

Thanks
Jun 19th, 2004, 12:22 AM

My family and I love Abu Simbel and I would highly recommend you do visit. For the half day visit by plane you will only get about 1 to 2 hours at the site while the plane wait for you on the tarmac. For us 2 hours was plenty and this was in late December when the temperature was nice.

I've heard that the sound and light show there is pretty good. We didn't see it ourselves so cannot really comment on it.

If you do spend the night in Abu Simbel then I think visiting the site after the plane leaves will be wonderful - not many people around and you'll be able to get great pictures.

Lastly, I didn't notice any nice hotel while we were there.
Jun 19th, 2004, 02:28 AM

We did the half day flight thing - 2-3 hours at Abu Simbel was enough in late April - very hot. But it might have been nice to stay in area for a night - depends on how much time you will have for entire trip. If time is limited, spend the time in Aswan.
Jun 19th, 2004, 03:51 AM
sandi

Whether you decide to do the 1/2 day tour or stay over the night - you should visit Abu Simbel. It's quite amazing. By spending the night at Abu Simbel, you return to Aswan on an early flight to hopefully meet up with your boat. The boat guests usually spend that morning visiting the New & Old Dams and go to Philae Island - hope you can get this in if you spend the overnight in AS. Now sure how this overnight is arranged and how, if anyway, it impacts your other sightseeing schedule.

Believe the 1/2 day morning is more than adequate.

Search this Thread