Guerba???

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guerba???

Has anyone travelled or heard reports of this company for travel in Tanzania & Kenya. Rather than overland trips they also do small group comfort camp trips in Land Rover type vehicles.

Thanks for any input.

J
Old Mar 11th, 2004, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jules,
we went on a two week Guerba trip from Senegal through Mali to Timbuktu a couple of years ago.

It was billed as a "small group" adventure rather than their overland journeys. It was hotel based trip(fairly basic) with some camping. It was our first tour and we were frankly rather nervous. The other people on the trip were extremely nice mainly professionals from the Uk in their 30's and 40's. Because it's a British company it was mostly brits with one European and a couple of Americans.

We had a good experience and I thought it was reasonablly priced overall I would recommend Guerba. However, to be honest we were only interested in taking a tour because it allowed us to visit places in ways we would not have been able to access (or it would have been too expensive) on our own...for example in this case we took a pirogue for a couple of days down the Niger river, and hiked for a couple of days the Dogon country.

I know this doesn't help on the specifics of East Africa but I hope it is in some way helpful.