A great travel resource: VT

Dec 6th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

A great travel resource: VT

I directed Thit_cho to Tunisian resources on Virtual Tourist in another thread and realised that many of you may not know about this site.

It's been around for years and a number of my friends create content there so I've been checking in regularly for a number of years.

http://www.virtualtourist.com

It's basically a collection of information and pictures provided by travellers and presented in their own pages.

You can search by destination, which is the best way to find the most popular VT pages for the destination. Worthwhile because whilst some pages are excellent others are pure dross! The pages are voted upon by other VT members so there's an element of friends voting for each other but generally, the top ranking pages deserve their ranking.

Kavey
Dec 6th, 2005, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the reminder. I used the info on VT quite a bit last winter for South of France. Haven't checked out any Africa pages, though.

Thit_Cho, I saw your post and was thinking, "Who was just talking to me about Tunisia?" Then I realized it was my esthetician last week! Anyway, she didn't offer me any specifics, but did say it was her favorite place to visit of all time.

Search this Thread