A good general travel website I found

Feb 21st, 2009, 07:49 AM
Original Poster

A good general travel website I found

I am always looking for good general travel website. In looking for more information about Lamu today I found http://www.kidscantravel.com/familyv...s_location:139 but the www.kidscantravel.com website is a great general travel website whether you have kids or not. I especially like their "explore" tab which gives you ideas about language, cuisine, history, books, music, etc. Certain not just for kids! (I don't even have any.) Just wanted to share.
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:49 PM

Thanks, but the name certainly puts me off. For safaris on a game drive, the couple of times I've been stuck briefly with kids were not pleasant experiences. Right up there with newlyweds, honeymooners, with a new video camera

regards - tom
ps - congratulations due me I'm the <#66ccff>Be first to reply
Feb 21st, 2009, 12:51 PM

Dang it, why didn't it do color blue (66ccff)? DANG IT, NO PREVIEW!!

regards - tom
Feb 21st, 2009, 01:58 PM

What's 66ccff?

Just spell the name of the color < blue > blue minus the spaces should = blue
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:10 PM

yeah, blue works like you say. And a color "word" should work for 16 standardized colors - aqua, black, blue, fuchsia, gray, green, lime, maroon, navy, olive, purple, red, silver, teal, white, and yellow.

If you want a color not listed then using a six digit hex code is supposed to work. That #66ffcc was supposed to give a blue closely matching that blue we see in left column. But didn't work for me. Maybe TEAL is close enough?

BTW, what gives now?? The left column blue topic headings are not NOT changing to black after I open/read them. Same for anyone else at this time?? It would be DISASTER if that doesn't work like it used to, even last night. You will never know your status on read and unread topics!!!

regards - tom
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:19 PM

The topic title isn't changing color for me either. It was working fine yesterday.
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:26 PM

Thanks Patty, misery loves company. I though perhaps my messing with that blue code messed me up.

I sure hope they catch that and correct it! Not another "improvement"!

regards - tom
Feb 21st, 2009, 02:59 PM

FWIW, I tried logging out and then login in. Didn't fix it. Still don't know my read and unread topics.

regards - tom