A few questions about travel to Egypt

Feb 26th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

A few questions about travel to Egypt

Hello,
My husband and I are thinking of possibly going to Egypt for our next trip (1st time for both) and I have a few questions. Is the fall (Sept.- Nov.) a good time of year to visit? Also, we live in the US and would it be cheaper to fly into a European city and then buy a ticket there for Egypt? Thanks for any help you can provide.
Feb 26th, 2004, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

ttt
Feb 26th, 2004, 02:12 PM
sandi

October and November are great times to travel. The real heat of the summer is gone and the high-season for travel doesn't start till December.

Note, however, that it will be hotter south of Cairo in Luxor, Aswan, Abu Simbel and along the Nile (closer to the Equator), but nowhere like in the summer months.

If you plan to go on a tour, the tour company is probably offering a good deal with Egypt Air. Otherwise, your only option is thru Europe as Egypt Air is the only carrier that flies non-stop.

However, you'll have to check prices flying via Europe as there can be a wide range between the various carriers.

If you plan to spend some time in a particular European city before continuing onto Egypt, that can work. If not and you want to fly straight thru, you'll have to collect your luggage in Europe clear immigration and check-in again, go thru security if you're flying on two separate tickets - and don't forget the time needed to accomplish this for the two separate flights.

Feb 27th, 2004, 06:01 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Sandi for your reply! I appreciate the information.
Mar 1st, 2004, 05:35 AM

Isis and Sandy: I'm so glad to see these postings. I had not thought of going to Egypt, but was at the NY Times Travel Show this weekend and happened to pick up a brochure detailing a two week trip offered through Egypt Air and it truly is a great deal. We are planning to vacation in September, so let's keep a dialog going, Isis!!!
Mar 1st, 2004, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Hi Mimi,
Good to hear you came across a deal! It would be nice if I did too. Hubby and I are in the process of checking into airfare prices and it is quite expensive. We live in the midwest, but we are not giving up hope yet. Please keep me posted as your travel plans develop. Thanks.
Mar 1st, 2004, 11:47 AM

Isis: Check out www.egyptontheweb.com. There is a terrific 2 week itinerary including air at a very reasonable price. It seems like an excellent deal and includes a 7 night Nile River Cruise. The price is really outstanding for May departures, but not all that much higher in the fall. Let me know what you think! Mimi

Search this Thread