Search

a couple days in arusha ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a couple days in arusha ?

Thanks to all of you who replied to my last post about my itinerary! Since my safari ends in the arusha area I'm wondering if it would be possible just to spend a couple days there (off the safari)to just relax and hang out with local people before the long haul home. I obviously have never been to Arusha so I'm not sure what there is there or if that would just be a waste? Like I said, we would be off safari, so we would need to be able to walk places or take cabs or something. I appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 12:22 PM

If you're looking for a nice place to relax for a day or two after your safari, there is a great place just outside Arusha called the River Tress Country Inn. It's actually in the town of Usa River - I think it's about 20 minutes from Arusha. You'd have to pay for taxis to go other places but I think it's worth it.

It's a beautiful, romantic place and the food is phenomenal. Beautiful cottage-type rooms scattered around the property. I went there for a work event but I loved it so much, I've promised myself that I will go back some day with my husband.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

i just looked at their website. looks beautiful. I see a picture of someone horseback riding, do you know if thats on the grounds or just a sort of promo pic of something around? Id love to go horseback riding while there! Thanks for the reply.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 01:31 PM

I'm not sure about the horseback-riding. I didn't see any horses while I was there but I was working a lot and didn't get a chance to see everything. I think I remember that there was a farm adjacent to the inn, so it's possible.

You can email the owner, Martina, at this address: rivertrees @ africaonline.co.tz. She responded promptly to all my emails.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 01:48 PM

If you want to go horseback riding, you might enjoy Makoa Farm. We did a horseback/camping safari with them on Ndarakwai ranch and also stayed 2 nights at the farm. They're located in the southern foothills of Mt Kilimanjaro with a beautiful view of the mountain (ask for 1 of the 2 tents). It's quite a bit outside of Arusha though, actually closer to Moshi (from JRO, you'd head in the opposite direction vs if you were going to Arusha). I think it would be a great place to relax and do some post safari riding.

Here are photos from our stay http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&y=-dle0fg

River Trees looks very nice too.
Old Jun 20th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

patty you are just full information! I will definitely look into that. Thanks.