A 20 yr. old girl traveling alone.

Aug 1st, 1998, 06:33 AM
Shanna.

A 20 yr. old girl traveling alone.

I have just recovered from a year on crutches. I can't exactly walk that well yet, but I am getting better. I am in a graet need to "get away". One of my options is to travel in Africa. The thing is, that I don't know where to start planing my trip. I want a long trip, interesting & beutiful site-seeing, visits to the jungle, and everyting that is worth while doing... I want to do it. I am from Israel, just so you should know. I don't know when I plan to start my trip. I don't know my budget. I don't know if I will have a traveling partner, is it a good idea for me to travel there alone?
I would love it if anybody could give me tips about planing my trip.

Aug 3rd, 1998, 06:59 PM
Kristoff

Your question is quite important. You should consider the size of Africa before setting off; it is so different according to country. As to your specific question, perhaps I can give you some high-level insight based on my sister's experiences. There are certainly countries to avoid (Algeria, Liberia, Nigeria, Sudan, Ethiopia, Eritria etc,), and you should seek out the counselor service for specifics. That aside, as you are a woman alone, you should expect harrassing difficulties in many parts of West Africa including Morocco, Mauritania, etc. There are others such as Ghana which are quite good to travel alone. Many of the central African countries (Chad, CAR, Niger,etc.) are problematic as well, though groups help. In the south, Nambia is quite alright and portions of SA, Botswana, Zim, Taz, Uganda, can be done alone.
Please read up on your destinations. It really depends where you go, and who you travel with.
Good Luck

Aug 9th, 1998, 11:12 AM
m.alfayed

come to egypt its a fun place
this is a friend from egypt
we are not a travel agency we are a group of students how like to help.

if you need information contact:
[email protected]

Search this Thread