9/11 nervous

Nov 20th, 2001, 04:54 PM
Bruce

9/11 nervous

My wife and I were considering a safari in Kenya and Tanzania in January, but have been nervous about going at this time since the events of 9/11 etc. Anyone have any insites, recent news or experiences that might be relevant.

Thanks,

Bruce

Nov 20th, 2001, 09:33 PM
chris

Hi Bruce, I was just in Kenya from Oct. 26-Nov. 4. We had a great time and no worries at all. I am so glad we did not cancel our trip. You can read my trip report Post titled "Just Back from Kenya-Fantastic".

Nov 21st, 2001, 07:04 AM
L

You decide, Bruce. We went to S. Africa shorty after the 11th ... our families were afraid for us. We were in the company of wild animals ... they could have jumped in the Rover at any time. Back home, letters with anthrax were surfacing. Airports were shutting down. Threats about bridges were issuing forth. I slept wonderfully in SA, laughed, enjoyed life. Coming home, I felt a burden descend. For you guys, it will boil down to just how seriously you want to make that safari. That's possibly the insight you may need to pursue. Good hunting. Ciao

Nov 22nd, 2001, 01:37 AM
Debbie

Are you afraid of Kenya, or of getting on the airplane to fly to Kenya? I'd say there is very little to fear from Kenya that wasn't there before 9/11. If you can over come the fear of flying, I think you'll have the time of your life.

Search this Thread