$899 All Inclusive for Morocco?

May 26th, 1999, 05:45 AM
Chris

$899 All Inclusive for Morocco?

I've been following the threads and noticed a lot of hype about Morocco lately and started doing some research to see if I can get there and check it out.

I came across $899 for roundtrip air from NY, hotel and food for a week (http://www.flamingo-travel.com/feature) and called the agency which said it was true.

Why so cheap? Are they lowering prices to promote tourism there? When we get there are we going to pay a fortune for anything else we want to do?

May 26th, 1999, 07:21 AM
elvira

Morocco is very VERY inexpensive; 3* hotels are $30 a night; full meals are $10...the only expensive thing we found was a tourist dinner (belly dancer, musicians, 80-course meal) which was about $40 per person. There were no locals, only 'rich foreign tourists', so we'll never do that again.
Guides are $25 a day (12 hour days); you can hire a taxi for $20 to drive you around for 4-5 hours.
Desert Storm killed the American tourist trade, and Morocco suffered terribly (that's their major industry, I think). They really like Americans/Canadians, and roll out the red carpet. We will return again and again....

May 27th, 1999, 10:59 AM
Chris

Thanks for that quick reply Elvira! You've made up my mind and now I've got to get my reservations.

Fortunately, the agency said that price was good for the rest of this year so I'm going to try and get a few close friends to travel with.

You're information and opinion was INVALUABLE!

Search this Thread