8 days in morocco

Oct 25th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

8 days in morocco

We're going to Morocco over Xmas and have planned 5 days in Marakech and 3 in Fez. Is 5 days enough or too much for Marakech? What is the best way to get to Fes from Marrakech? Flights seem to take only a few hours less that the train.

Also, we are then going to Malaga from Fes and are planning on taking the ferry from tangiers. What would be the best way to get to Tangiers from Fes? We're leaning towards the taking the train
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:41 AM
Original Poster

oops...hit reply to soon. We plan on being in malaga for new years eve..thanks in advance for your help.
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:51 AM

I think 5 days in Marrakech is a bit long. You can see pretty much everything in 3 or so days.

I would take 2 days to go up into the High Atlas mountains to stay over at the Kasbah du Toubkal. It's magic!

Check my website for restaurant and accomodation recommendations for marrakech and information about our stay in the Kasbah.

http://www.mcdougalladventures.com/category/morocco/
Oct 27th, 2005, 09:10 AM

I agree, 5 days is too much. Just got back from Morocco and had four nights planned and cancelled one night and spent the extra night in Essaouria. The
High Atlas mountains are also a good suggestion.

Search this Thread