Search

7 spare hours!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
7 spare hours!

Hi, i was wondering if any1 can help. on the 14th of november i have 7hours between flights and although i am aware it is not enough to see anything really i am looking to maybe get a tour guide for this time. does any1 know of any and also if i will be able to leave the airport between connections, i know with some airports its ok. thanks everyone
suzi
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

sorry, new to this site and didnt realise the background and stories people write. so this is mine, I am travelling to durban from edinburgh, thro london and niarobi (cheapest option) to visit and teach in a township school, this is the second time this year i have been out and am currantly trying to convince a certain scottish haggis providor to donate some haggis to the project to feed the kids. Looking forward very much to the trip and quite excited to see nairobi even if its just the airport!
x
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 03:50 PM

Yes, many of the posters here (myself included) contact Kennedy at Waymark Safaris when we are in Nairobi.

[email protected]
or
[email protected] (if the first one does not get through, or you do not receivea an answer)

There is lots of neat things that you can see and do in Nairobi for 7 hours, he will come out to the airport to get you and drop you off at whichever airport you are flying out of. I am guessing that if you are going to a township you are going to SA and therefore will fly out of the international airport, but just in case it's Wilson for a local flight he can drop you there too. No problems on leaving the airport, though if it's an international flight.
Old Aug 13th, 2008, 04:01 PM

If you leave the airport you'll have to purchase a Transit Visa @ $20/pp. It's a good idea to already have your ongoing boarding pass, but if not/regardless, you have to be at the airport 2/hrs prior for check-in/security.
Old Aug 19th, 2008, 07:57 PM

For me it would depend what time you arrive?

If you arrive on an early flight you could spend a morning maybe going to the park (1 hour to get there.... a couple of hours in the park.... and back in time for check in)

You could get to the Elephant Orphanage and the Langata Giraffe Centre.

If it's afternoon, the park is also an option.

If it's night time your options may be more limited.

So what time do you land and what time do you leave?