6 Nights in Morocco want the desert.

Feb 12th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Original Poster

6 Nights in Morocco want the desert.

Our trip to Morocco is in April, we fly in and out of Marrakesh, 6 nights, 5.5 days. I originally gave up the thought of a desert trip because of the time it would take away from Mara and not wanting to spend the entire desert trip rushing in a car. But........We're celebrating our 30th, basically more than happy to spend good money for luxury and quality. I'm now thinking that 2 days in mara may be enough and I'm trying to figure out a way to do 2 nights in Mara and 4 nights in the desert. I'd like to hear suggestions on how best to see Dades Gorge, Chez Pierre looks great, Les Jardins de Skoura and Ait Benhaddou. Can someone suggest an itinerary that won't be too exhausting? I know that this sounds strange but we don't have to spend a night in a desert camp. I don't think my husband will love it. Thank you so much
Feb 28th, 2016, 09:02 AM

We went to Morocco and went on a 4 days trip to the desert from Marrakech , Details were planned by email via Iddir who suggested the best places to visit. Our driver Said was very kind and always attended to our needs . We was picked up in Marrakech at 8.00 am. we stopped at several nice places along the way. We stopped at Dades where we spent our first night at Aberge Chez Pierre the rooms were basic but the food was lovely and the service was very good. Next morning we ate a very good breakfast. We then continued our trip to the Desert. We arrived in the afternoon to the Camp which is in the desert after nice camel riding in the Erg Chabbi sand dunes . The tents were big and spacious with private bathroom and hot water . It was a lovely experience to have slept in the desert. The next day we made our way back to Marrakech having had a lovely and unforgettable experience with stop in Ouarzazate. I would definitely recommend Marvelous Morocco Tours if you are planing a desert tour. I cant wait to come back to Morocco .
Cheers.
Feb 28th, 2016, 09:20 AM

^^ sounds like a tout to me.

It's close on 12 hours of travel in each direction so you really need four days in total. Ideally five days so you can spend a rest day in Merzouga/Erg Chebbi and have one night in a hotel, one night in a sand dunes camp.

You can arrange this yourself with a hire car, navigation in Morocco is easy as the network of roads is not complex. Ideally go out via N9 to Ouarzazate then N10 to Dades/Todra gorges, return to Marrakech via N12/R108.

One of my favourite stops is Kasbah Itran, see http://www.kasbahitran.com/

There's close on 70 hotels in the lee of the sand dunes at Erg Chebbi, so no shortage of choice. All of these will happily arrange an overnight in the dunes.

Search this Thread