5 or 6 Days in Israel

May 2nd, 2005, 01:40 PM
Original Poster

5 or 6 Days in Israel

I will be in Tel Aviv for business for 2 days mid-June (a Wednesday and Thursday). If I want to add extra days (before or after business, or at both ends of business trip) what are some recommended ideas? I'll be traveling with a friend. Jerusalem for 2 days and then up to Rosh Pina for a spa experience? Should I include time in Haifa or other places? What are "must see/must do" experiences? Both of us love to try new food, music, historical experiences, shopping expeditions when traveling.
May 2nd, 2005, 02:44 PM

I think you would find your best food, music, and shopping to be in Tel Aviv. It is the most modern city in Israel.

For historical experiences, nothing beats Jerusalem. 2 full days would be the absolute minimum for me. I would say more like 3 or 4.

I don't know that I would include Haifa on such a short trip. I've not been to Rosh Pina, but I think the area surrounding Gallalee is one of the best in Israel. Rosh Pina is relatively close to Safad - a favorite of mine.

So, you might want to add a couple of days at the beginning of your trip to explore Jerusalem, and then add a couple of days at the end to relax in northern Israel. Just my suggestion...
May 2nd, 2005, 05:34 PM

I think the most efficient way for you to tour the most "must see" places -- is to take guided day tours with one of the tour bus companies in Israel, like Egged Tours, or United Tours, especially If you stay at a hotel in Tel Aviv.

A day trip to the Dead Sea (the lowest point on earth and one of the most HEALING places on earth thanks to the mineral richness of the extremely heavy water), including climbing on the Massada (lots of history) is a real experience.

2 days in Jerusalem is an absolute must. Maybe a day in the Galillee. I haven't heard of a Rosh Pina spa.

Shopping? Music? Food? Tel Aviv is your place. You can find the most fantastic deals in European-style women's CLOTHING there...

Visit the Nachlat Benyamin pedestrian mall in Tel Aviv (next to the colorful Carmel open market) on Friday (open till sundown), for original arts and crafts (great jewelry). Good place for souvenirs and gifts.

Search this Thread