5 Nights in Cairo

Mar 1st, 2005, 12:54 PM
Original Poster

5 Nights in Cairo

Hi there! I will be spending five nights in Cairo following a two week long cruise to Dubai, Oman, Safaga, Egypt and Jordan. My question is what's a good itinerary (since I'll have done Luxor already)? I'm planning to stay at the Four Seasons in Giza (not the First Residence). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Mar 3rd, 2005, 07:14 PM

There are a lot of more unique things to do in Cairo. It is reommended to do a little research and build your own itinerary. The standards are a must - E museum, Giza, etc. We also enjoyed going to the Dashur pyramids -(10 miles S of Giza - but very few tourists there). We enjoyed going to Memphis.
A place for more education - is the Pharonic Village. It is a recreation of the Eqyptian culture. We learned a lot. They will answer as many questions as you ask. Our tour lasted 3.5 hours - rather than the standard 2 hour tour. We learned so much from our guide. It will be as much as you make it.

Also heard a day trip to Alexandria can be fun - we did not have the time. We were only in Cairo - 3 days.
Mar 5th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions re Cairo. I wasn't sure if there would be enough to do for five days as most people seem to do only a couple of days in Cairo before doing a nile river cruise. I definetely will do the Pharonic Village though ...sounds interesting.

To answer Carla's post, I'm actually sailing from Dubai and then hitting Muscat in Oman, then Salalah (also in Oman). Then Safaga, Egypt, followed by Aqaba, Jordan before sailing through the Suez Canal and arriving in Port Said (and five nights in Cairo).

Do you recommend any restaurants? Thanks again! C.

Search this Thread