Search

5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2014, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel

Hi

Planning a 5 or 6 day trip to Morocco (will be in Spain before and after) starting in late nov/early dec, likely will be in Seville so thinking easiest way is to get to Tarifa or Algeciras ferry over to Tangie and head out right away (if possible)

Itinerary wise thinking Marrakech with trip to Essaouira for about 3 days and Fes for 2-3 days then back to Spain.

Assume if no easy flights back to Madrid (need to get there finally) will go back to Tangier and then to Madrid via Tarifa and Seville (train).

In Morocco had a question re mode of travel, can either to trains (overnight from Tangier to Marrakech and from there to Fes) or rent a car (very familiar with stick) in Tangier and drop back there. Assume one way rentals where I rent in Tangier and drop off in Rabat/Casa if i get a cheap flight back to Madrid will be too expensive

Any suggestions re mode of transport and or itinerary.

Thanks

S
Old Nov 21st, 2014, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re was thinking of car more to give me more flexibility and oppty to see smaller places.
Old Nov 21st, 2014, 08:35 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
It seems your plan includes the slowest possible transport options and for 5-6 days I suggest you try the most efficient. Fly from Seville to Marrakech (Vueling or Ryanair apparently), train to Fes, then you're closer to Tangier if you want to proceed back by ferry at the end. I don't think you really have time for cars or "to see smaller places" unless it's a stop in Chefchaouen for lunch on the way from Fes to Tangier in a grand taxi.

I think you can have a pleasant visit for your 5 or 6 days but it will require streamlining your transport so you have time to actually be places rather than spending half the trip on the move.