Reload this Page >

Just returned from our second safari in Kenya

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 12:12 PM
Gina

I won't be posting my trip report but will be happy to answer your questions.

Old Mar 19th, 2002, 01:14 PM
Judi

Hi Gina,<BR>I emailed you but the message was returned undeliverable. Are you willing to email me with your correct address?<BR>We are planning our first safari and I have questions!<BR>Thanks.

Old Mar 20th, 2002, 03:12 AM
Gina

Judi, please post your questions here and I will try to answer them. I am more than happy to share my experiences.

Old Jun 6th, 2002, 10:21 AM
Steve

Hi Gina-<BR><BR>I just locked in a late July/early August trip with my in-laws (active 60s) and kids (active 8 and 9 yr old boy).<BR><BR>With my in-laws on board, we need to pace ourselves a little slower,...and nicer!!<BR><BR>Any suggestions for Zanzibar Beach (Breezes, Blue Bay or Karafuu are on the short list), Mombasa (everything from Whitesands, Indian Ocean, Leopard, Voyager have been in the mix), Massai Mara (need pool and close to balloon safari..so far Mara Intrepids is fronrunner).<BR><BR>Finally, did you stay at Salt Lick Hilton; that's our basein Taita Hills, using Hilton points of course!!<BR><BR>Any tour or restaurant highlights in Zanzibar or Mombasa?<BR><BR>Thanks!! Please feel free to email me direct.<BR>

Old Jun 8th, 2002, 10:04 AM
someone

I would like to know what tour operator you have chosen and if you pre-booked or just had a look in Nairobi. I'm only interested in budget safaris. Also would be glad if you know anything about overland travel from Nairobi down to Jo'burg. Thanx!

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Patricia

To Someone: If you're interested in budget safaris in Kenya, try 2Afrika. Just returned 7 weeks ago from a very nice trip with them. 9-day (incl. travel days) was $2,050 out of Atlanta. We had to add Pgh./Atlanta roundtrip and our insurance. We also added on for $295 3-day (translates into 2 1/2 days actually) in Cape Town which included nice hotel 3 nights, breakfast buffet every day, and a half-day tour of C.T. (and of course, airfare to C.T.) We were very pleased with it.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 04:39 PM
debbie

What were the highlights of your trip?<BR>Did you feel safe since 9/11?<BR>We are planning a trip for July.<BR>Please any recommendations would be great - Thank you -

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 03:27 PM
SG

Someone: Try http://www.exodus.co.uk/ They may have just what you are looking for. I am planning to go on their 16 day camping safari to Kenya, Tanzania & Zanzibar for $1460pp. They offer overland safaris to South & East Africa. Good luck.