4 days in cape town

Aug 28th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Original Poster

4 days in cape town

we plan to have 12 days trip arriving from mumbai - which is best plan to spend 4 days in and around cape town ? (would like to take garden route ). What is best way to reach chobe national park from cape town . we woukd like to visit victoria falls too. Is one day sufficient at victoria fall? We have kids of age 5 and 12 yrs.
Aug 28th, 2005, 02:32 PM

You can fly from Cape Town to Victoria Falls via Johannesburg, and Chobe is an easy drive from Vic Falls (less than two hours). There are plenty of operators that can arrange overland transfer, like UtC and others.
Aug 28th, 2005, 03:42 PM

pranav,

Firstly please read my mail to "Adventuredays" under the heading "4 days to spare" with regard to tips about what to do in Cape Town when visting our great city.

I have to tell you that if you only have 4 days available it will be virtually impossible to travel the Garden Route as well as enjoy Cape Town. I say this because you will need at least one day to travel to the heart of the Garden Route (Knysna) from Cape Town and one day to travel back. (500km each way) You will also need about 2 days to expolore the Garden Route. So as you can see this will leave you with no time for Cape Town and as can be seen from my mail to "Adventuredays" there is much to see in Cape Town over 4 days.

In terms of your route to Chobe from Cape Town thit_cho has given you a great answer so I will not expand on this.

Let me try and help you with activities that you should think of in Cape Town seing that you are travelling with 5 and 12 yr old children. To do so here are some of the many events I suggest to visitors/families coming to Cape Town:

Visit the penguin colony.

Trip to Seal Island by boat

The Scratchpatch in Simonstown.

The Cape Town aquarium

Visit the World of Birds in Hout Bay.

Visit the working harbour of Fish Hoek.

Have fun at the Barnyard restaurant

Visit the Butterfly Farm in Simondium.

Have fun at a chocolate factory in Franschhoek.

Visit and pat the cheetahs at the Cheetah Foundation near Stellenbosch

Watch how wine barrels are made in Stellenbosch.

Visit and undertake the challenge of finding your ways through a real maze of trees in Green Point.

Go down to the Cape Town Waterfront. This is also a place where the kids can have much fun.

Oh I could go on and on about Cape Town for children and families.

OK pranav heres hpoping that all of the above makes you and your family's journey to my city a wonderful expereince.

All of the above experiences can quite easily be covered by yourself in self drive mode while in Cape Town over a 4 days period.

Hope all of the above helps.

Very proudly part of the wonderful nation of South Africa

Search this Thread