4 days for safari - split with 2 lodges or stay at 1

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can get a great rate at the Kwando lodges for the end of March. Should I stay at Little Kwara/Kwara for all 4 days or split it with one of the Kwando Lebala or Lagoon? Being that it is March I dont know if its worth it to split my time as I only have 4 days. If split, is Lebala or Lagoon a better choice? thanks
Old Jan 17th, 2008, 11:11 PM
sniktawk

The main trouble in constantly changing camps is the probability of shortened or missed game drives. This should not be a problem here as the transfer is short around an hour. Which camps you stay at are based on what you are likely to see, we have stayed at all 3 camps and much prefer Lebala.Should you wish to combine this with Lagoon the transfer will in probability be an extra long game drive.

Old Jan 18th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Original Poster

Lebala is now full and i have a choice of 2 days at Lagoon (dont know if they wil drive us to the Lebala area for game viewing).
I could try to get on a wait list for Lebala but assuming I cant get in there, would it be worth it to still split between Kwara and Lagoon? Thanks.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 02:47 AM
Original Poster

also the camp assured us that by switching between these camps we do not miss game drives in either because they do the transfer between morning and afternoon drives.
Old Jan 18th, 2008, 03:03 AM

We stayed four days at Lagoon before moving on to Kwara this december, and if we only had four nights I would have liked to split them up between the camps. Just to see slightly different landscapes. Just a personal opinion of course.

The transfer is in the middle of the day, so no need to worry about missing game-drives.

best regards,
Tom