Search

Kemer, Turkey

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 1998, 01:11 PM
Muriel C

Kemer, Turkey

Has anyone any information on this area of Turkey, which is about fifty miles from Anatalya.?

Old Apr 29th, 1998, 01:43 PM
Arizona

On page 435 of the Rough Guide to Turkey: "...one of the least appealing of the resorts along the Turquoise Coast, ... largely Germanophile clientele, leavened by wealthy Russians who come to gamble and shop for leather and jewellery...bypass the place entirely." I guess that covers it. We were in Antalya two years ago and liked it very much, however. The ruins at Perge and Aspendos were tops.

Old May 3rd, 1998, 05:39 AM
JAMES

Been there,loved it,beautiful beaches covered along bare mountains,very green part of southern Turkey,lots of holiday resorts incuding two big club.meds,predominated by french tourists,many historic sights on western part of Kemer,ruins mainly,Kemer is about 45 minutes from Antalya..
There are hotels,resorts covering all price ranges and luxery levels..you will enjoy it,outdoor activities,biking,mountain climbing ,hiking all covered by hotels once you decide to stay in one of them

Old May 15th, 1998, 01:29 PM
NURDOGAN SENGULER

I have been there a few times.When I was student I was working in CLUB MEDITERRANEE at KUSADASI .And I had some friends they were working at KEMER CLUB MED
It is so nice area.But very expensive.German Mark is king there.Nice place .
Best wishes from Istanbul.
If you need any other info about Tukey and Istanbul
Contact me.
NURDOGAN SENGULER
[email protected]

Old Jun 3rd, 1998, 07:16 AM
timur

A very nice place for quiet leasure. I spent 10 days there. The place we stayed at was in the center of Kemer - Caliptus - a small guest house runned by Turkish Azerbaijani.
Go to the mountains in a jeep, make sure you have a guide.
Do not spend you time on the beach - go on a yacht for a day trip. It's generally the same route every time, but more exciting than simple beach.
You won't regret your week or two there.

Old Jun 9th, 1998, 04:51 AM
vigdis

The answers you've already received, show how difficult it is to give advice to others when it comes to travelling. I have relatives who have visited Kemer and enjoyed it (but then they also enjoy the Canary Islands). I have visited the place from our stay in Antalya and didn't like it at all, mainly because it's built up for tourists and I don't like places like that, that has no "soul" of their own. But most of the coastal towns in Turkey has really been "invaded" by us tourists the last 10 years. Antalya is a nice city, I even enjoyed Side and Alanya and if you go further west, make sure that you visit Ephesus, if you're only the least bit interested in history. If you're only interested in the beaches, go anywhere. But remember, Istanbul is worth a visit. Good luck.