3 Best Places in Namibia

Mar 6th, 2006, 11:28 AM
Original Poster

3 Best Places in Namibia

We have very limited time for a trip to Namibia. If only 3 spots are possible, what would you suggest or what was your favorite (please elaborate)? We have been on safari already so take that into consideration:

--Serra Cafema Camp and seeing the Himbas
--Sossusvlei sand dunes (a definite I think)
--Palmwag Rhino Camp & Damaraland
--Skeleton Coast
--Etosha National Park

Our short trip is making decisions hard, but we have no options to extend it this year. Thanks!!!
Mar 6th, 2006, 04:57 PM
santharamhari

Wow!!! It's tough to pick just three from that list..........how many days do you have for your entire trip?

Honestly, all of those are a must see on a trip to Namibia, i think......

Maybe, Johan can help out with this question?........

Mar 7th, 2006, 02:33 AM

Sossusvlei Sand Dunes are spectacular but my favourite place is about 60 miles south in the heart of the NamibRand Nature Reserve.

It's called Wolwedans and offers a tented camp which is more basic or the Dune Lodge which is more elegant and comfortable. Both enjoy stunning views (and are located separately). All three managers that were in place when I last visited have moved on (nothing sinister, just personal reasons) so I can't comment on current staffing but would hope they have replaced them with individuals equally as warm, friendly, knowledgeable and efficient as their predecessors.

A magical place...
Mar 7th, 2006, 02:35 PM
DJE

I can definitely recommend visiting the dunes at Sossusvlei as they are spectacular as Kavey mentions. Taking an early morning excursion to watch the sun rise over the dunes is quite a site and if you are looking for a good accommodation to stay at I can suggest the Sossusvlei Wilderness Camp.

We had a terrific time there a few years ago. Very comfortable bungalows each with a deck and small plunge pool set up on a hillside overlooking some lovely scenery. Stunning and very serene.

Search this Thread