Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Africa & the Middle East (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/)
-   -   2Afrika Safari? (https://www.fodors.com/community/africa-and-the-middle-east/2afrika-safari-136120/)

Joan Jan 3rd, 2003 03:36 AM

2Afrika Safari?

Would appreciate input from anyone who has done a safari with 2Afrika. Specifically, 15-day Grand Combo Safari to East Africa. Any suggestions on best time of year?

Dick Jan 3rd, 2003 05:11 AM

Joan, our family used 2Afika last June for trip to Tanzania. Do a search with &quot;Tanzania&quot; and you should encounter the lengthy posting I left upon returning home. Glad to answer any questions.<BR>Dick

Patricia Jan 3rd, 2003 11:00 AM

Took a 2Afrika safari in April. Loved it! You'll wonder how they ever gave you the accommodations at the price you paid! Good food, good guides. Ken Hieber, pres. of 2Afrika, gets raves from travelers for his hands-on manner of taking care of your travel plans. Check 2Afrika's website for my (and many other) comments. We had only 5 in our group (maximum was 6) and all were very pleased with our trip. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.

honeymooner Jan 6th, 2003 06:56 AM

My fiance and I are considering using 2Africa as well and could definetely use anyone/everyone's input. We are considering the 12-Day swinging Safari. This is a 9 day safari ending with 3 days on the beach. It seems to be exactly what we are looking for at the right price. We will be going at the end of Sept./beginning of Oct. of this year. Anyone have any more suggestions. Is this a good time of year? what's the weather like? <BR>Thanks in advance!

honeymooner Jan 6th, 2003 09:42 AM

My fiance and I are considering using 2Africa as well and could definetely use anyone/everyone's input. We are considering the 12-Day swinging Safari. This is a 9 day safari ending with 3 days on the beach. It seems to be exactly what we are looking for at the right price. We will be going at the end of Sept./beginning of Oct. of this year. Anyone have any more suggestions. Is this a good time of year? what's the weather like? <BR>Thanks in advance!

Thyra Jan 8th, 2003 10:03 AM

My husband and I took the 9 day Rules of the Wild Safari through 2afrika last year and can't say enough wonderful things about it. Believe it or not, Africa left such an impression on me that I still get teary eyed, remembering our magical time there. I would highly recommend 2afrika! Africa had always seemed WAY too expensive for us, but 2Afrika had a deal I simply could not refuse. I posted a travel log upon our return, and will be happy to respond to any questions whatsoever. If we go back to Africa (and hopefully Botswana next time) I would have no hesitation of booking with 2afrika.

Sandy Jan 10th, 2003 06:09 AM

Hi Joan,<BR><BR>We went w/2Afrika in May '01 after seeing it advertised on Frommer's website as one of his deals you can't beat . . . I can't say enough good things about it.<BR><BR>We went on the &quot;Rules of the Wild&quot; and it was absolutely PERFECT, we would not change one thing. We do not understand how that can deliver what they do for the price they charge.<BR><BR>My husband's business partner and her husband went with us and we four were the whole tour . . . we had an 11-passenger, pop-top van just for us and our guide (Nicholas) was fantastic.<BR><BR>We stayed in lovely, first-class hotels, the food was varied and wonderful, we saw every animal there was to see in the Masai Mara and at Lake Nakuru, we are still talking about how great the trip was.<BR><BR>May is rainy season but we only had half a day of drizzle and it didn't hamper us or the animals . . . in fact, it helped keep the dust down.<BR><BR>Go with 2Afrika, you can't find a better deal and you won't be disappointed. We found Ken Hieber very informative (he's from Africa) and easy to work with.<BR><BR>Good luck and have a great trip,<BR>Sandy