2afrika and when should I go

Jan 12th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Marcy

2afrika and when should I go

I am considering booking the 9-day swinging safari with 2afrika. So far, I have read only positive feedback. Has anybody done this safari. How many safair drives do you actually do in the 6 days you are actually there (not including travel time)? We are looking at mid-august because we have read that the wildebeast migration should be at it's peak in the masi mara? Can anyone confirm this? I would apreciate any feedback. We have been saving for this for 5 years and just want to make sure the money is well spent.

Thanks,
Marcy

Jan 12th, 2003, 05:21 PM
dcp

While I've not been on a safari w/ 2afrika, I belive your wildebeast assumption should be correct. I was in the Masai Mara this past Sept.(late Sept actually) and caught the tail end (albeit a long tail) of the migration. Enjoy!

Jan 13th, 2003, 10:12 AM
Thyra

Hello Marcy, I think that the website for 2afrika has very detailed itineraries which include the number of game drives you actually go on. We did the Rule of the Wild 9 day safari and went on 8 game drives I believe, just a perfect amount for the days we were there. I am sorry I can't help you on the dates of the Migration, but Ken Heiber at 2Afrika can help you, additionally there are many books on the subject. We took our 2afrika safari last April, and it was wonderful! There are prose and cons for travel during migration: You will definately see many more animals, but with that, many more other people, additionally it is very hot and dusty during migration. Having said that, I have heard it is a sight not to be missed. Enjoy your trip, no matter when you go. I loved Africa, and had a great time with 2afrika.

Jan 13th, 2003, 10:27 AM
Dick

Marcy, I concur with positive remarks Thyra made about Ken and 2afrika. I too was budget conscious but was very pleased with our trip.Originally we wanted the Kenya/Tanzania safari but also wanted to take our one daughter with us. So we compromised for shorter trip (now I wish I had gone into "hock" for the longer one for the three of us). Timing was mainly due to not wanting to take daughter out of school for trip and to a lesser extent the increase in price as the season went on. For more details on our trip do a search on Tanzania for the posting left there.
Wish you the best. Dick

Search this Thread