2Afrika

Jul 28th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Original Poster

2Afrika

Hi,
Thinking of a East Africa safari next February. We usually travel independently but Africa seems a bit daunting for a first-timer. Have read many discussions on this board re safari companies. How does 2Afrika stack up to local companies as far as accomodation and the overall experience? Has anyone tried both? Am still a bit hesitant about booking "a tour" - we've never tried a group tour before!
Jul 28th, 2004, 04:16 PM

all companies basically visit the same lodges. My husband and I took a private safari using Suntrek Safari Co. The cost was amazingly low. We called Ambercrombi and got their suggested itenerary and forward it to Suntreck asking to use the same lodges and routes. We also wanted just the two of us on the safari (we didn't want to share the vehecial or be worried about others "wants" and preferences.)We had the trip of a life time and can't wait to use them again. I wouldn't consider a private safari a tour, since we decided where exactly we wanted to go and the exact lodges that we wanted to stay in. We had the same driver for the entire trip, 21 days. We saved over ten thousand dollars we found out after talking to other travelers along the way.
Jul 29th, 2004, 02:22 AM

Message to Trevellin:
We used the services of 2Afrika this past June and in 2002 for East Arica visits. I posted reports on both trips. 2Afrika contracts the services of local safari companies. As previous poster mentioned many of the companies use the same lodges but at quite a difference in price. I can comment only on 2Afrika but in looking at brochures from other companies, seeing their vehicles at same lodges as us, eating same meals as their clients, seeing same game/sunsets, etc, we got great value for our money with 2Afrika. I would not hesitate to book again with them for Tanzania in particular. The "group" tour for us meant just the three of us for a couple of days and then five of us in the same van for the rest of our trip in Tanzania. If you have other specific questions I will attempt to respond. Feel free to contact at [email protected]. I am still struggling to get photos from trip posted.
Dick

Search this Thread