Reload this Page >

Hotels in Fez and Marrakech?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2002, 06:56 AM
DRP

My wife and I are headed to Fez and Marrakech in early March 2002. We have enjoyed very much the Hotel Le Gallia in Marrakech, and if available, we will return there. Never been to Fez - any recommendations for a moderately priced small hotel in either Fez or Marrakech? Thanks,<BR><BR>DRP

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 04:06 AM
mehdi el abbadi

try to visit our web site www.maisonbleue.com<BR>

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 04:21 PM
targui

hi there <BR>try hotel batha in fes and in marrakech<BR>gallia .all the best

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 06:12 AM
topper

topping

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Traveller

We stayed at the Maison Bleu several years ago and it was one of the worst experiences we've had as travellers. They act very gracious and accomodating but they really just want to (almost literally) rob you of every dime you've got. The prices were almost the same as the Palais Jamai but neither the rooms nor the service are on a par. We ended up changing to the Palais, which I highly recommend.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 10:27 AM
Phil

I don't know about a small hotel in Fes, but I would certainly recommend Palais Jamai..I don't think the rates were high for what you get...we paid 1694 dh /night incl breakfast for a room with a balcony and view of the Medina.<BR>In Marrakech, I can recommend La Maison Arabe.. this is a beautiful small hotel, 2000 dh /night incl breakfast. Maybe not moderately priced but worth it.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 12:12 PM
jon

Do not go to the Hotel Batha in Fez. It is next door to a disco that plays head-splitting, pounding music until the late hours. Also, the hotel is creepy. We hired a guide to show us Fez, and the first thing we asked him to do, before showing us the sights, was to get us a different hotel. He looked a little relieved, and confessed that he was concerned to learn that 2 Americans had spent the night at the Batha. When we asked why, he replied that &quot;that is where prostitutes take their men.&quot; !!!!!!!!

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 05:14 PM
jass

We found a chain throughout Morocco near railway stations called &quot;moussifir&quot;. they were clean, modern, reasonable and safe. There is enough &quot;atmosphere&quot; in Morocco; you don't need more in your hotel room. You need a calm place with a good bathroom.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 05:17 AM
LHALLSB

i stayed at riad fes, located in the medina. i think i paid about 2000+ dirham a night but it was well worht it. they arranged a guide for me while staying there and my day with him made my trip to morocco. the owner of the riad is highly visible and helpful, as are the rest of the staff. breakfasts (included in your stay) are unbelievable, and there was nothing like sitting out on my patio at night and hearing the call to prayer.