Experience with TravelSafe Trip Insurance

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have experience with TravelSafe insurance, either good or bad. Looks to be a reasonable insurance plan with pretty good coverage. Any opions are apprecaited.
Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:37 PM

I can't speak about travelsafe, but I'd recommend you check out STA's website (you don't have to be a student to buy the insurance). You may want to search this thread for a recent discussion on travel insurance that has a lot of helpful information.
Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 03:44 PM

No experience with TravelSafe, but have you checked insuremytrip.com? They'll give you quotes from multiple insurance companies with the differences in between products. Plus they give the insurance company rating for each quoted vendor. (In the quote detail, click on the company name).
Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 04:14 PM

I have a thread going on "United States" section of this board asking "Has anyone ever had to collect on trip insurance" or something like that - some interesting stories and a few recommendations there about various companies.
Old Nov 3rd, 2004, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the comments. I found the TravelSafe policy on insuremytrip.com, great site!!! I am now even more curious about the STA policy. It is VERY comprehensive, at a minimal cost. I have read the previous thread on it, but doesn't seem like anyone has actually had to file a claim. I am in the midst of reading the fine print to make sure it all checks out, but for $200 for two of us, and the type of coverage they provide, can't go wrong. Even the TravelSafe Policy was gonna be $345. Any more advice on STA would be appreciated.
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 01:50 AM

To OP - I know you are also reading post on US Section. If it were me, I would be nervous about buying something at almost half the cost of another policy. In travel, while there are bargains, you usually get what you pay for. I understand the cost incentive - I am sure these companies make a ton of money, since so few people ever need to collect.
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 06:14 AM

No Experience with TravelSafe, but a big issue with travel insurance seems to be how easy/ difficult it is to collect if you have a claim. I had a substantial claim with TravelGuard due to a trip cancellation (family member took ill), and they paid quickly and without any difficulty.
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 04:01 PM

My cousin is a travel agent w/ AMEX and recommends both TravelSafe and TravelGuard for her clients (ecomony to luxury travelers) as both are reasonably priced and efficient with claims when filled.
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 04:54 PM

Hello All,
Check out this thread I started when I was recently researching travel insurance. In the end, after much research I did purchase travel insurance through STA's website.

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=4

Happy Travels,
Brenda
Old Nov 4th, 2004, 04:56 PM

Opps, try this thread.
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=34533068