2 teens looking for an adventure in maroc!!

Jan 5th, 2008, 09:16 AM
Original Poster

2 teens looking for an adventure in maroc!!

helooo..
im a young gal (arab living in london) and plan to go to Morocco (marakech) for 5 nights for my 22nd birthday...with my 20 year old bro (hes so much fun!) we want fun, exciting, cultural, and memorable adventures!! would really love it if anyone could give us some advice on what are the must-dos so that we pack as much as we can in 5days, i wish i could stay longer but my bro works at harrods and they wont give him time off :-0

please tell us the names of places, activites, were going to stay at the atlas hotel.
also do u think its worth going for 5days only??
i appreciate any comments..
thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu xoxoxoxoxxo
Jan 5th, 2008, 01:36 PM

Buy a guide book. Lonely Planet are quite good.
Jan 5th, 2008, 05:51 PM

Make sure you visit the following attractions in Marrakech:
-Jamaa El Fna square. Comes alive at night.
-Bahia Palace: Very nice old traditional palace. You pay a 10 Dirham entrance fee. Opening hours start from 9am until 12pm and from 2.30pm until 5pm. It's close to Jamaa El Fnaa square.
-Ben Youssef Medrassa.
-Menara.
-Majorelle gardens.
-The souks.
You could also take one day off from the hassle and bustle of city and go on a daytrip to the high Atlas mountains.
5 days is enough time to explore Marrakech.
Have a good time.
Jan 6th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Original Poster

thanks alot.. im so excited to go, i have booked the trip on the 14th jan... is it safe in marocco for a girl to walk alone in the evenings ??? i will be going with my bro but there may be times where i will go places alone, is it safe to go into taxis alone? im arab myself and i trust muslim countries but u can never be too sure...

xoxo
dana
Jan 6th, 2008, 12:44 PM

If there is anything that would be a problem is the hassle from shop-owners trying to get you into their shops to sell you something. Other than that it's all good. As single female walking around alone at evenings or night, you will attract some unwanted attention. Just apply the same rules for when you are back home, if you are used to going out at midnight alone in London then you can do that in Marrakech as well.
Jan 6th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Original Poster

okay.. thanks for ur advice.. are u a tour guide u know alot about how it works back there...or i guess if ur from there then its easy for u to adivce other people..
do u live in marocco??

Jan 6th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Original Poster

oh btw.. what should i pack?? im going next week,, are slippers ok or closed shoes better, i know i will be walking alot, and should i get a (light) jacket for the evenings.
what other handy things are there to bring with me??

Jan 7th, 2008, 07:40 AM

My nickname obviously says that I'm Moroccan. I live in Agadir but originaly from Taroudant which is an hour away from Agadir.
Temperature during daytime is usually warm and dry so slippers are fine. Evenings get cooler though so you will need a light jacket and maybe some shoes will come in handy also.
Happy birthday and have a good time

Jan 8th, 2008, 03:19 AM
Original Poster

ahh thanks... i know u were moroccan from ur nickname but what i meant was do u live there or outside maroco? (now i know) i used to live in holland where there were alot of marocs there...they r lovely warm people..
thanks for ur help.. xoxoxo