?2 centre

Apr 7th, 2005, 03:37 AM
Original Poster

?2 centre

We are considering booking to stay at Sun City, probably The Palace, for maybe 4 nights then doing a safari for 3 or 4 nights. Either that or just staying the fuill 7 nights at Sun City. Can anyone give me some advice on which area to do the safari. Is the area next to Sun City a good place for a safari or would you recommend going further away? e.g. Sabi Sands? We were thinking of going around April/May or early June 2006. Which would be the best time to go? Is it warm there at Sun City at these times, if not what time of year would you recommend. I do not want to go when it is likely to be wet. Our other option was to maybe do Seychelles with South Africa. Is that possible and if so, how long is the flight from SA to Seychelles? I had also thought about Maldives. As you can see I can be a very undecisive person, always changing my mind! So, I really would appreciate any advice so that I can make a decision. I can really only go for about 8 nights maximum,(not counting travelling from UK) so I don't want the 2 centre to be too far away from each other. Hope someone can help. Any advice or recommendations at all would be great. Thanks.
Apr 7th, 2005, 04:28 AM
sandi

maryjohn -

Near Sun City is Pilanesberg, where safari can be done. I believe these can be arranged thru Sun City and are just day trips. While I've not been to Sun City, I believe 3-days is more than sufficient time in a "Las Vegas-type" evironment. So I'd consider doing safari in South Africa and head up to Sabi Sands (Kruger Park area) to one of the private reserve game camps. Depending on your budget you can split your time 2-days each at a moderate camp, and a more expensive camp, or any combination. There are flights from Sun City to/fr JNB and from there flights to Hoedspruit or Nelspruit for safari; there may even be a direct flight from Sun City to the Sabi Sand area at Kruger. Based on your budget would determine the camps you choose, but here you would find a truer safari experience then at Pilanesberg.

A combination SA and the Seychelles is too much traveling in such a short time. Do the Seychelles as its own trip if you wish to visit here. Likewise, the Maldives which is over India way - should also be a trip on its own.

Don't complicate your plans if you only have a week...

Apr 7th, 2005, 05:06 AM

Jo'burg to Seychelles is about 4 hrs 30 but I 'think' only 1 flight a week, to get to the Maldives you have to go via Dubai. Mauritius is about 4 hrs and almost daily flights from Jo'burg.
Apr 7th, 2005, 08:06 AM

In addition to safari in Pilanesburg, you can go to Madikwe which is no more than two hours drive from Sun City. The game viewing is good, not as good as Sabi Sands, but the transfer would be much eaier to accomplish.
Apr 8th, 2005, 06:50 AM
OSC

In my opinion, 2 nights in Sun City would be plenty. This is a good place to relax after a long international flight, but it's not nearly as interesting as the rest of South Africa. If you really want to go to Sun City, limit your time to 2 nights and then head to Kruger or Sabi Sands.

Search this Thread