Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > 1st night - El Jadida, Morocco? or straight to Marrakesh? or stay in Casa?

1st night - El Jadida, Morocco? or straight to Marrakesh? or stay in Casa?

Mar 7th, 2003, 03:04 AM
Original Poster

1st night - El Jadida, Morocco? or straight to Marrakesh? or stay in Casa?

I’m travelling with my daughter and will be arriving at the airport in Casa at 2:30 PM.

If we go straight to Marrakesh we would arrive at about 10:30 PM (if the connections go well). I wasn’t sure if it would be a good idea for two women travelling alone to arrive that late, especially when we haven’t had a chance to get a feel for the culture.

Comments or suggestions on where to spend our first night? How is El Jadida? Ideas on transportation to get there (I’m assuming a Grand Taxi from the airport). Recommendations on where to stay in El Jadida?

I haven’t heard anything positive about Casa and we have to spend our last night there anyway. Is this still our best option? Hotel suggestions?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Mary
Mar 7th, 2003, 02:00 PM

hi Mary,

you have 4 or 5 hours max if you take train or bus (CTM) betwin casablanca and marrakech,so 2:30pm ---> 7:30pm max in marrakech.
let me know your program and i will help you for a good trip (cities and desert).
Mar 9th, 2003, 06:37 AM

Were I you, I'd head for Rabat and stay there 2-3 days, then go on to Fes for 2 days, then on to Marrakesh for 2 days, and back to Casa. While you didn't say how long your trip was to be, you did say that you haven't been to Morocco before. The route I proposed will give you a good overview of the country and by going first to Rabat, the capital, which is low-key, you will be able to acculturate more comfortably. By the way, we lived there for 5 years.
Mar 16th, 2003, 06:08 AM

if time would allow it, or if you're willing to make time for an extraordinary experience, i too, would highly recommend fes.

Search this Thread