17 hours to go

Dec 4th, 2005, 03:28 PM
dlo
Original Poster

17 hours to go

I haven't even thought about packing yet,i should really get moving.The nerves are really starting to get going though...3 months is really a long time.
Dec 4th, 2005, 04:36 PM

dlo,

Safe and happy travels to you! I'll be very interested to hear about your trip, especially the Uganda portion.

Have a wonderful time!
Dec 4th, 2005, 05:20 PM

have a great trip and congratulations on your wedding! let us know about the donkey trek and the gorillas. safe travels! 3 months in Africa...must be nice!
Aloha, Dennis
Dec 4th, 2005, 05:37 PM
bat

dlo:
Get packing!
Seriously though have a great trip, a wonderful wedding mid-trip and then a wonderful honeymoon for the last of the trip.

I cut and pasted this from one of your earlier postings just to see how fabulous it will be--even if this has been changed slightly. WOW.

"Spend 19 days in Uganda and Rwanda with Great Lakes Safaris seeing Murchison Falls Queen Elizabeth Park,Kibale forest,Nyungwe Forest,and the Gorillas in Rwanda as well as some of the Genocide memorials.

Then off for a 7 day Donkey Trek in Northern Kenya followed by getting married at Governors camp.Then off to Tsavo and a week in Watamu and Lamu.

Then to Tanzania to climb Kili and a Northern Circuit safari with 4 days in the Serengeti followed by a 6 day Highlands trek like the one Always Africa did (thanks for your report!)Then off to Zanzibar and possibly Mikindani."

Dec 4th, 2005, 06:08 PM
dlo
Original Poster

My future wife is the packing nazi and is now in firm control of the situation!

The only change bat is the final week which will now be spent in Mikumi,Udzungwas,and Foxes Highlands Lodge.

I started counting down to this trip at about 200 days as i was soooo excited.Then the countdown stopped at about 17.I became excited again today but this has been a tough year.Like Rocco i have a house full of pets but we lost 3 this year including our cat this week.We absolutly loved this cat and from the minute i got home untill i left he was constantly by my side.It was easily the most difficult day of my life as he was only 6.Its amazing how quiet a house with 2 dogs has become.

Okay i'm done being a downer as i think this trip will a rejuvanation of sorts and probably the most amazing expeience of my life.It also doesn't hurt that its -20 right now!

15 hours left!
Dec 4th, 2005, 06:36 PM

dlo~ Have a great trip. I am so sorry to hear about the pets. I lost my cat about 2 years ago and still think about him. He was my first pet as an adult.....same thing, constant companion. My heart goes out to you.

Cooncat
Dec 4th, 2005, 06:38 PM

dlo,

So sorry to read about your loss(es). Try to take solace in the fact that your pets lived a better life than probably 90% of the cats/dogs out there and that you were able to provide such a high quality of life for them while being a great friend. Now get out there and have a wonderful time in Africa!
Dec 5th, 2005, 05:52 AM
dlo
Original Poster

4 hours left

The packing is finally done and we are just about ready to go.

Thanks to everyone for the support.I have to spend 4 days in Nairobi to get everything ready for the wedding so i might check up on things from there.

Dec 5th, 2005, 06:05 AM

Congrats on the wedding and what sounds like a fabulous adventure! Send us a message or two if you can!

Bon voyage! Sharon
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:18 AM

Congratulations and safari njema.
Dec 6th, 2005, 04:15 PM

Congrats and have a wonderful trip! Can't wait to hear all about it.

Search this Thread