13 hour transit time in Dubai

May 6th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

13 hour transit time in Dubai

I am traveling to India on 21st June 2014 in Emirates. I have a 13 hour transit in Dubai on Sunday 22nd June 2014 - reach around 8 AM and leave around 9:30 PM.

If I can get some details of how I can utilize my time spending time in Dubai. As I am a US Citizen, I don't need UAE visa.

Thanks
Sri
May 6th, 2014, 12:26 PM

1) Check with Emirates whether they'll provide a hotel room for layover this long... they do for many flights.

2) You can arrange for sightseeing in Dubai... check the Dubai website for what's available and cost.
== do know that outdoor temp will be very hot and likely quite humid.

Just be sure to be back at airport at least 2.5/hrs before onward flight for check-in/security.
May 13th, 2014, 11:23 PM

Well there are tons of things that can keep you entertained for a day, but would depend on personal specifics like interests, age, family, kids etc etc.

Since its only a day and considering the heat, you could probable spend the day at the Dubai Mall which would cover, shopping, food, the aquarium, the famous dubai fountain and of course the burj khalifa (prior reservations strongly recommended). do factor in travel time and traffic when heading back for the outward flight.
May 17th, 2014, 06:15 AM

If you take a taxi form the airport it will cost you 25AED (about 3.5 AED to 1.00 USD)just to sit in the cab.
The best way to travel to the malls is by using the 'Metro' train. For a few dollars you can easily see the city and get about quickly. It leaves from Terminal #1 and #3 of the airport.

Search this Thread