1 week in Morocco, what's your favourite place?

Jul 18th, 2005, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

1 week in Morocco, what's your favourite place?

Hello,

My boyfriend and me have finally decided to have our holiday end of September/beginning of October and go to Morocco. However, we will only have 1 week, max 10 days, so it's impossible to see everything we want to see. We love culture, nature, architecture, and a bit of relaxing and do not wish to rush from one place to another, though staying in 1 city for the entire week would perhaps be a bit too much.

So therefore I'd like you people who've been there and done that to tell me what looks like a feasable itinarary.

Should we focus on the Casablanca - Rabat - Fez area, or rather go to Marrakech and perhaps some of the Atlas. Or would it really be possible to combine the 2? Or perhaps even other suggestions?

As for accomodation recommendations: we're travelling on a modest budget. Looking for reasonably priced charming riads, with a pool would be nice, but a clean room, a good bed and a nice shower in a bit of a charming setting is all we ask for.

Little off-the-beaten-track hints greatly appreciated as well!
Jul 19th, 2005, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Jul 19th, 2005, 05:02 PM

I thought the Merzouga sand dunes outside Erfoud were the most memorable part of my trip. I realise this may be a bit out of the way considering your time frame, but this answers your first question.

I didn't find Casablanca to be all that compelling, and Rabat only warranted a day trip. I did enjoy Fez though.

If I had to choose between your options, I would focus on Marrakesh. You could wander around the Djemma el fna, and visit the Menara Gardens. The options for accomodations in all categories are endless.

Search this Thread