1 day camel trek

Mar 27th, 2001, 09:25 AM
Donna

1 day camel trek

Does anyone know of any 1 day (daytime only) or else 1 night overnight, camel treks leaving from Marakech?
Any estimate on price? - like many, we are on a budget and only 5 days in Morocco, which includes getting from Spain via Ferry, train to Marakech, then back up to Spain stopping at Fez.
Time late May-Early June. Myself and my daughter-in-law. This is a first time for both of us to Spain, Gilbralter and Morocco.
Thanks for your help.

Mar 27th, 2001, 10:53 AM
texasgirl

donna, i think with your tight schedule it's going to be tough to get to the sahara. from marrakech it is a good 8 hour drive to merzouga, where you get the camels. you can do this fairly cheaply _ we did a three day trip through the hotel ali in marrakech for $95US per person _ but i don't really see how it would be much fun to try to do it in less than three days. we wish we had taken five or six days.
and, i might be wrong, but i think the train from tangier to marrakech is also 8 hours. it just sounds like you are trying to do a lot, esp. to get to fes in that time.

Mar 31st, 2001, 02:22 PM
elvira

It is 8 hours via train Tangier>Marrakech. We did it via an overnight train (1st class sleeper). It is a 3 day trip minimum to ride camels into the Sahara. On the outskirts of Marrakech there are sort of 'stables' where you can get on a camel and ride it around for a while to experience the feeling.

As texasgirl pointed out, you are trying to cover a lot of territory in just five days. Consider skipping Marrakech, and visiting Chefchouan, Fes and Meknes/Volubilis in that time period.

Search this Thread