1:45 enough time for connecting flight?

Aug 18th, 2018, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

1:45 enough time for connecting flight?

We are catching Ryan Air flight from Marrakech to Barcelona then have just 1 hour 45 minutes to catch our Norwegian Air flight back to USA. Is 1:45 enough time? Are the Ryan Air flights usually on time? We will most likely just have carry on. It looks like they are in the same terminal. Thanks everyone
Aug 18th, 2018, 10:18 AM

Your question isn't really about Morocco . . . it is about changing planes in Barcelona so I'd think the Europe board might get you better response.

However - Me personally - would never EVER book a 1 hour 45 min connection between two un related airlines when neither has any responsibility to you if something goes pear shaped. There is often a bit extra security for US bound flights. I have no idea what Norwegian's cut off is but I certainly would not risk it when the alternative is having to purchase a full fare walk up ticket home . . .

Just sayin'
Aug 18th, 2018, 10:37 AM

You might make it, but it is cutting it uncomfortably close. RyanAir is not always on time IME.
Aug 18th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! I put it the Moroccan forum as I’m wondering how timely Ryan Air is at leaving Morocco on time. But yeah we are taking a risk. I need to find out what Norwegian air’s policy is if we miss the flight from Marrakech.
Aug 18th, 2018, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Yup. Thanks
Aug 18th, 2018, 03:41 PM

>>I need to find out what Norwegian air’s policy is if we miss the flight from Marrakech.<<

The same as most every other airline. You miss your flight and you are SOL. Why would Norwegian take any responsibility if Ryan Air gets you in late? Same if you are already in Barcelona, over sleep, and miss the flight - you'd be on your own.

>> . . . I’m wondering how timely Ryan Air is at leaving Morocco on time<<

That really makes no difference - they could be on time 88.89% or 92.9% or 15% . . . none of which matters in relation to your specific flight. The question isn't what is RyanAir's on time performance, but whether you are willing to bet they are on time that day, and if you don't mind paying big bucks to get home.

Having separate tickets, you really should be in Barcelona the night before your flight out . . .
Aug 18th, 2018, 11:25 PM

Check in for Norwegian closes an hour before departure. You need to disembark and go thru immigration and out to landside, find the Norwegian kiosk and check-in, unless your destination allows online check-in, in which case you can check in online and bypass having to go to the kiosk if you have your boarding pass. You might have to go thru some additional document check and/or security for flights to the US. Itís not a lot of time but not impossible. My last RyanAir flights were both late and itís not unusual IME.
Aug 19th, 2018, 08:47 AM
Original Poster

Thank yiu

we have rearranged our itinerary to stay overnight in Barcelona the night before our flight back to the USA. Thanks for making me see the craziness of what we were trying to do.