Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Africa & the Middle East
Reload this Page > 1/17-1/24/17 Dubai and Abu Dhabi Just Back report - wow...

1/17-1/24/17 Dubai and Abu Dhabi Just Back report - wow...

Jan 27th, 2017, 04:32 AM
Original Poster

1/17-1/24/17 Dubai and Abu Dhabi Just Back report - wow...

Thanks to everyone for suggesting going to Dubai and not Dubai AND Tokyo on the same short trip. Just got back a few days ago from a 6 night trip. Incredible, fun, interesting, spiritual, wonderful, eye popping, thrilling, safe place to vacation.

I can't say any more than these pics. Bottom line, SO GLAD I went.

Hope these pics can be viewed... I'm brand new to Flickr.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151455...57679490467936

Best regards,

Steve
Jan 27th, 2017, 01:20 PM

Thanks, Steve. So glad that your trip was a rousing success.

For those of us who have not yet been to the UAE, your photos are quite intriguing.

Can you recommend any hotels or restaurants? (Not sure if you stayed at the Emirates Palace or toured there, for example.)

Any highlights or advice based on your experience much appreciated.
Jan 27th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Original Poster

Thank you... I wouldn't really have any places to recommend in particular but I can say that the brunch buffet at the Radison Blu and Lattitudes at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel were amazing as was the Lebanese Restaurant in the upper level of the mall by the fountain below the Burj Khalifa (on the 2nd floor) was absolutely outstanding, some of the best Lebanese food I've ever had.

We only stayed at the Four Points Downtown Sheraton and for $117 a night, it's an amazing deal. We paid nothing per night for 6 nights, on very cheap Starwood points though. Great staff and what a price.

I love staying at less expensive hotels and spending my money on food and tours instead. If I could have afforded to stay at the Jumeirah Beach hotel or the Burj Arab Hote or the Marriott Marquis (highest hotel on earth) or other high end places I would have done it instead. I actually could easily afford to stay at these places but prefer to spend my money on other cool stuff.

Cheers,

Steve
Feb 3rd, 2017, 01:21 PM

Great photos. I need to go to Abu Dhabi now to see the Grand Mosque. Have been to Dubai twice but the Middle East keeps fascinating me.

Search this Thread