Getting Here & Around
Conferry shuttles passengers and cars four times daily between Puerto La Cruz and Punta de Piedras, 25 km (16 mi) west of Porlamar, Margarita. Gran Cacique serves Margarita six times daily from Puerto La Cruz.
Several regional airlines fly regularly between the domestic terminal of Aeropuerto Internacional Simón Bolívar in Caracas and Barcelona, including Avior and Aeropostal. Both lines also fly between Barcelona and Isla Margarita. Barcelona's Aeropuerto José Antonio Uzcatéqui (BLA) is 3 km (2½ mi) south of the city. There are dozens of car rental places at the airport.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's