Puerto La Cruz
The region's main tourist hub, Puerto La Cruz has attractive waterways reminiscient of those found near wealthy communities in Florida, lined with marinas and lovely villas. Visitors flock to the maze of shops and restaurants along Paseo Colón, a busy thoroughfare that runs along the beach. At night the crowds move to the bars and dance clubs in town.
Although Puerto La Cruz's own beaches are dangerously polluted, its main attractions are the alluring islands of nearby Parque Nacional Mochima. At the eastern end you'll find boats to the national park that charge Bs.F25–Bs.F40 for round-trip service. Puerto La Cruz is also a jumping-off point for ferries to Isla Margarita, which depart from the western end of Paseo Colón.
Puerto La Cruz at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's