- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Catedral Metropolitana Review
Facing the main square is the embellished baroque facade of the Catedral Metropolitana. Although construction began in 1787, the cathedral wasn't completed until 1958. Its geometric designs make this one of Venezuela's most striking churches. A visit to the plaza for a rest in the shade (with a view of the cathedral, of course) is an absolute must.
- Location: Mérida
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I am planning a trip to Colombia for 2 weeks beginning on june 27th. I am a female traveling alone (which I am quite used too). I am wondering if it is safe? From what I have read so far, I Read more
Within November/December 2009 we have been to Venezuela, travelling independently and using public transport. Read more
I spent 2 nights in Posada La Casita at Ciudad Bolivar : basic bungalow with a lot of mosquitos and i was bitten seriously each night despite the repellent sprayed in the room and on my body. Read more