- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Plaza Bolívar Review
Founded in 1558, Mérida grew up around the Plaza Bolívar, a bustling center that attracts meandering students, locals, and artisans hawking their wares during the day; By night, you'll see shadier characters along with flocks of young couples. The best time to come is mid-morning, before Mérda's famous midday heat makes things too hazy, and, hopefully, in time to catch the views of the mountains.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I am planning a trip to Colombia for 2 weeks beginning on june 27th. I am a female traveling alone (which I am quite used too). I am wondering if it is safe? From what I have read so far, I Read more
Within November/December 2009 we have been to Venezuela, travelling independently and using public transport. Read more
I would like to walk around venezuela but wan to return in on piece! Read more