- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Casa Caranta Review
In the very heart of Pampatar lies this inviting Mediterranean trattoria. International clientele mix with locals for romantic dinners or drinks at the well-stocked bar (try a mojito or a frozen Casa Caranta cocktail). The specialties of the house include homemade fettucini with a rotating menu of sauces, and fresh fish such as dorado (mahimahi) in a variety of preparations—try it drizzled in red curry sauce or simmering in a fragrant broth. This old colonial house also serves as an art gallery: local artwork and charming antiques are tastefully exhibited throughout. Strong coffee and a slice of tres leches cake are the way to end your feast.
- Address: Blvd. Histórico, Calle Joaquín Maneiro, Pampatar, 6316
- Phone: 0295/262-8610; 0414/793-5248
- Location: Porlamar and Pampatar
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. during low season. No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $824* & up -- Brazil Flights from U.S., R/T incl. Taxes TAM Airlines
- $147 -- Rio de Janeiro: 4-Star Hotel through Summer, 40% Off Novotel Rio de Janeiro Dumont
- $3499 -- Ecuador & Galapagos: 7 Nts w/Cruise & Air, $400 Off Friendly Planet Travel
- $999 -- Panama Canal 14-Night Cruise, $200 Off Norwegian Cruise Line
- Breathtaking Patagonia IExplore
I am planning a trip to Colombia for 2 weeks beginning on june 27th. I am a female traveling alone (which I am quite used too). I am wondering if it is safe? From what I have read so far, I Read more
Within November/December 2009 we have been to Venezuela, travelling independently and using public transport. Read more
I've been looking around websites of airlines and it seems hard to find flights that go directly to Venezuela. Read more