- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Casa Caranta Review
In the very heart of Pampatar lies this inviting Mediterranean trattoria. International clientele mix with locals for romantic dinners or drinks at the well-stocked bar (try a mojito or a frozen Casa Caranta cocktail). The specialties of the house include homemade fettucini with a rotating menu of sauces, and fresh fish such as dorado (mahimahi) in a variety of preparations—try it drizzled in red curry sauce or simmering in a fragrant broth. This old colonial house also serves as an art gallery: local artwork and charming antiques are tastefully exhibited throughout. Strong coffee and a slice of tres leches cake are the way to end your feast.
- Address: Blvd. Histórico, Calle Joaquín Maneiro, Pampatar, 6316
- Phone: 0295/262–8610; 0414/793–5248
- Location: Porlamar and Pampatar
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. during low season. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I am planning a trip to Colombia for 2 weeks beginning on june 27th. I am a female traveling alone (which I am quite used too). I am wondering if it is safe? From what I have read so far, I Read more
Within November/December 2009 we have been to Venezuela, travelling independently and using public transport. Read more
I spent 2 nights in Posada La Casita at Ciudad Bolivar : basic bungalow with a lot of mosquitos and i was bitten seriously each night despite the repellent sprayed in the room and on my body. Read more