Yutajé Camp Review
This camp in the Manapiare Valley, just east of Puerto Ayacucho, appeals to families who prefer the comfort of real beds, private baths, and sit-down meals. Built and run year-round by José Raggi, the camp has a 5,000-foot airstrip and accommodations for about 30. During the day you trek through the jungle in search of howler monkeys, or float down a river to view spectacular waterfalls. A two-night package from Caracas, including air and meals, runs about $450 per person.
- Address: Reservations: Alpi Viajes, Av. Sucre, Centro Parque Boyacá, Torre Centro, Piso 1, Oficina 2, Caracas
- Phone: 0212/283–1433
- Location: Amazonas
- Rate includes all-inclusive.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I am planning a trip to Colombia for 2 weeks beginning on june 27th. I am a female traveling alone (which I am quite used too). I am wondering if it is safe? From what I have read so far, I Read more
Within November/December 2009 we have been to Venezuela, travelling independently and using public transport. Read more
I would like to walk around venezuela but wan to return in on piece! Read more