Getting Here & Around
To reach Los Llanos, take one of the daily flights from Caracas to San Fernando de Apure, Barinas, and Guanare. Cities such as Barinas and San Fernando de Apure in Los Llanos are accessible by bus from Caracas and other major cities. Aereotuy connects Ciudad Bolívar with Puerto Ayacucho once weekly. Another option is having a tour company take care of the details. Orinoco Tours, based in Caracas, specializes in ecotourism. The savvy staff of Lost World Adventures specialize in tailoring an independent travel itinerary around your interests. The founder of this U.S.-based company once lived in Venezuela, so he knows his way around. The company specializes in small-group expeditions throughout Venezuela—including Los Llanos—and other South American countries.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's