Getting Here & Around
To reach Amazonas, you can fly daily from Caracas to Puerto Ayacucho, the region's only tourist hub. Aereotuy connects Ciudad Bolívar with Puerto Ayacucho once weekly. Amazonas is not as accessible by bus; you can get to Puerto Ayacucho from Caracas via San Fernando de Apure, but it's at least a 16-hour trip. Tour groups are another option; check out the highly reputable Lost World Tours. Also worth their salt, Alpi Tour is based in Caracas and specializes in adventure tourism to the Amazonas and other regions. Orinoco Tours, based in Caracas, too, will organize an eco-friendly trip for you.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's