- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
For a romantic evening in Las Mercedes, head to this antique-strewn restaurant that defines itself as a "gastronimic boutique." The Mediterranean-influenced risottos, pizzas, and pastas are consistently good, and the wine list is fabulous. Skip the eggplant carpaccio and cocao-filled raviolis in favor of a simpler menu items. While you nibble, you may spend even more time staring at the incredible collection of colorful antique plates, chandeliers, furniture, and bric-a-brac here, but stay focused, because the dessert is well worth it: try crème brûlée tinted with ponche crema (a creamy holiday booze) and milhojas de dulce de leche (millefeuille with caramel).
- Address: Calle Madrid, between Mucuchíes and Monterrey, Las Mercedes, Caracas, 1050
- Phone: 0212/991–9056
- Location: Caracas
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I am planning a trip to Colombia for 2 weeks beginning on june 27th. I am a female traveling alone (which I am quite used too). I am wondering if it is safe? From what I have read so far, I Read more
Within November/December 2009 we have been to Venezuela, travelling independently and using public transport. Read more
I spent 2 nights in Posada La Casita at Ciudad Bolivar : basic bungalow with a lot of mosquitos and i was bitten seriously each night despite the repellent sprayed in the room and on my body. Read more