- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
For a romantic evening in Las Mercedes, head to this antique-strewn restaurant that defines itself as a "gastronimic boutique." The Mediterranean-influenced risottos, pizzas, and pastas are consistently good, and the wine list is fabulous. Skip the eggplant carpaccio and cocao-filled raviolis in favor of a simpler menu items. While you nibble, you may spend even more time staring at the incredible collection of colorful antique plates, chandeliers, furniture, and bric-a-brac here, but stay focused, because the dessert is well worth it: try crème brûlée tinted with ponche crema (a creamy holiday booze) and milhojas de dulce de leche (millefeuille with caramel).
- Address: Calle Madrid, between Mucuchíes and Monterrey, Las Mercedes, Caracas, 1050
- Phone: 0212/991-9056
- Location: Caracas
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Caracas Savings! Book at JW Marriott Caracas Fr $277+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3.5-Star Embassy Suites Caracas Fr $337+/Nt Expedia
I am planning a trip to Colombia for 2 weeks beginning on june 27th. I am a female traveling alone (which I am quite used too). I am wondering if it is safe? From what I have read so far, I Read more
Within November/December 2009 we have been to Venezuela, travelling independently and using public transport. Read more
I've been looking around websites of airlines and it seems hard to find flights that go directly to Venezuela. Read more